Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Quotes from Hamlet

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks". H

"A little more than kin, and less than kind".

"The play 's the thing wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king".

"And it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man".

O day and night, but this is wondrous strange!

This is miching mallecho; it means mischief.

There is no ancient gentlemen but gardeners.
Let the galled jade wince, our withers are unwrung.

Every man has business and desire,
Such as it is.

Nay, an thou'lt mouth,
I'll rant as well as thou.

A truant disposition, good my lord.


In the dead vast and middle of the night.



Do you think I am easier to be played on than a pipe?

And my imaginations are as foul
As Vulcan's stithy.


Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind.

To hold, as 't were, the mirror up to nature.

"Brevity is the soul of wit".

We'll teach you to drink deep ere you depart.

He was a man, take him for all in all,
I shall not look upon his like again.

"This is the very ecstasy of love".

On fortune's cap we are not the very button.

Every man has business and desire,
Such as it is.

These are but wild and whirling words, my lord.

"Doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love".

"Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind".

"Do you think I am easier to be played on than a pipe?"

"I will speak daggers to her, but use none".

"When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions". - (Hamlet Quote Act IV, Scene V)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home