Monday, October 25, 2010

As you Like it Quotes

These are memorable from As You Like it:


I must have liberty
Withal, as large a charter as the wind,
To blow on whom I please.


The horn, the horn, the lusty horn
Is not a thing to laugh to scorn.

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages.

I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it

He uses his folly like a stalking-horse,
and under the presentation of that he shoots his wit.

Well said: that was laid on with a trowel.

And He that doth the ravens feed,
Yea, providently caters for the sparrow,
Be comfort to my age!

O, wonderful, wonderful, and most wonderful wonderful! and yet again wonderful, and after that out of all hooping.

I earn that I eat, get that I wear,
owe no man hate,
envy no man's happiness,
glad of other men's good,
content with my harm.


Ay, now am I in Arden: the more fool I. When I was at home I was in a better place; but travellers must be content.


It is as easy to count atomies as to resolve the propositions of a lover.

Can one desire too much of a good thing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home