Sunday, October 17, 2010

Romeo and Juliet Quotes

A plague o' both your houses!
They have made worms' meat of me!

"Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight!/ For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night."

But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.

"For you and I are past our dancing days" .

"Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast"

"These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume.

"O! she doth teach the torches to burn bright"

"It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night like a rich jewel in an Ethiope's ear" .


A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life.

Good night, good night. Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow.



"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet".

"Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast".

"Tempt not a desperate man"



See how she leans her cheek upon her hand!
O that I were a glove upon that hand,
That I might touch that cheek!


O, she doth teach the torches to burn bright.
It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night
Like a rich jewel in an Ethiop’s ear.


How fares my Juliet? that I ask again;
For nothing can be ill, if she be well.


This bud of love, by summer’s ripening breath,
May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home